Frequently Asked Questions and Answers

How to place items?

  1. (Optional/First time)Update your Steam offer url under My Bets page.
  2. Select your team, bet type and item(s).
  3. Click on Place items.
  4. Proceed to accept the trade offer(You may accept the trade offer on browser or Steam client).

Trade shows error when trying to trade with bot?

  1. Make sure you profile privacy settings is set to public(Viewable by anyone on the World-Wide Web).
  2. Make sure your Trade Offer Url that you updated under My Bets page is valid(must be the same account with both Steam and Dota2wage).
  3. Bots are heavily rely on Steam network. If Steam network having issues, our bots will not be working as well. What we have to do is wait for the Steam network back to normal and try again.

How to set my profile privacy settings to public?

  1. Follow below steps on Steam profile.
    Go to your Steam profile > Edit Profile > Privacy Settings > Set privacy option to "Public"

My bet does not show up on My Bets page after I placed a bet, what do I do?

  1. Submit a ticket at Report Missing Items section.
  2. Your bet no longer valid since we failed to capture your items. Your items will be returned regardless win or lose.

How does betting work?

  1. There are two types of bets which are Quantity and Value
    Quantity - Your potential reward is based on the quantity of item.
    Value - Your potential reward is based on the value of item.
  2. We are not bookie, we do not set the odds. Quantity and Value rate are generated based on the total amount of items that placed by users.
    For Quantity bets, if the total items for team A is 10 Common items and team B is 5 Common items. As a result, the Quantity rate for team A is 0.5 (5 ÷ 10 = 0.5) and team B is 2 (10 ÷ 5 = 2)
    For Value bets, if the total Value for team A is 100 and the total Value of team B is 20. As a result, the potential reward Value for team A is 0.2 (20 ÷ 100 = 0.2) and team B is 5 (100 ÷ 20 = 5)
  3. If the item placed rate is 0, you will not lose or win any items.
    For example, if you placed 1 item in team one, and nobody place item in team two. Team one will display 100% with reward rate of 0 and team two will display 0% with reward rate of 0. As a result, you will not win/lose any item.

What is Quantity and Value?

  1. Quantity is the amount of items you will get.
    For example, if your potential reward for Quantity is 3.2, which means that you will get 3 items with 20% of chances to get additional 1 item.
  2. Value is the approximate price of your winning items.
    For example, if your potential reward Value is 0.7 and the total value you placed is 5. As a result, the approximate value of your winning items will be 3.5 (0.7 × 5 = 3.5)

How does Quantity betting work?

  1. If you place a Common item, you only stand a chance of winning Common items.
    For example, you placed 4 Common items and the Quantity rate of your selected team is 0.25 for one, Quantity rate (0.25) multiply by the total items placed (4) is equal to 1 (0.25 × 4 = 1). As a result, you are eligible for winning 1 Common item.
  2. Quantity rate is stackable only if the rarity of the items placed are same.
    For example, If you placed a bet with combination of 1 Rare, 1 Uncommon and 2 Common items, only the 2 Common items is stackable, the remaining of 1 Rare and 1 Uncommon will be served seperately.
  3. If the Quantity rate is less than 1 such as 0.8, it means that you have 80% of chance by getting one item, and 20% get nothing.
    For example, 10 users placed 1 item with reward rate of 0.8, 8 out of 10 users will get 1 item and 2 users will get nothing.
  4. Value is stil part of the consideration in item distributtion.
    For example, if you has the highest total value among all users, the system will assign the highest value item(from the loser) to you. In other words, if you placed high value items, there is a very high chance you will get high value items as reward.

How does Value betting work?

  1. If you place a Mythical item, you will receive ANY rarity of item based on the value.
    For example, you placed 1 Mythical item(0.2 value) and the potential reward Value of your selected team is 0.4, potential reward Value (0.4) multiply by the total value you placed (0.2) is equal to 0.08 (0.4 × 0.2 = 0.08). As a result, you are eligible for winning up to 0.08 Value of items regardless the rarity.
  2. In some cases, if the odds are highly in favour of the team you bet, there is a small chance you may win nothing.
    For example, if there is only one person who bet(a single item) on team A and two person bet on team B. When team B win the match, only one person who bet on team B will receive a item and another one will get nothing.

Why the total value of my winning items is less/more than the approximate value?

  1. It is because different items has different value and the item cannot be split into multiple items. Therefore, the system will distribute the items that close to the approximate value.
    For example, if your total approximate value is 1.5, you may get 3 items with total value of 1.3 (0.5 + 0.5 + 0.3)

Why the value of my items shows N/A?

  1. Some of the items does not have value in our system, therefore it will show N/A.
  2. Another reason which is the items doesn't have Quality(Standard, Frozen, Auspicious), you may retrieve the item and re-deposit again.
  3. All the items with N/A value will be served as 0 value.

Why does reward rate change after i placed items?

  1. We do not charge a vig/juice (commission for taking your items as a percentage profit), reward rate is completely based on the total amount of items that placed by users. Every single item that placed by users will affect the reward rate.
    For example, if someone switch from team one to team two, the reward rate will be change because the total items placed in team one has decreased whereas the total items placed in team two has increased.

Can i change my bet type?

  1. You can change the bet type under My Bets page. However, only certain items(Common, Uncommon and Rare only) are allowed for Quantity bets.
    For example, if you placed a Mythical item, you are not allowed to switch your bet type to Quantity.

Why does my returned item is different from the original item?

  1. We will give back your item based on the ID(defindex) of the item. Therefore, you might or might not getting back the original item.
    For example, if you placed an item with a gem, you might getting back the same item without a gem.

When does my item expire?

  1. We will take back those items that inactive for more than 60 days.
    You can check your expiry date in the description box.
  2. If you account has been blocked from trading(re-enable Steam Guard or etc), you can bet your existing items(directly from your inventory) in order to reset the expiry date.

How to take back my items from inventory?

    1. Go to My Bets page
    2. (Optional/First time)Update your Steam offer url.
    3. Select the item(s) that you wish to collect.
    4. Click on Show Available Bots under My Inventory(You must have items in your inventory)
    5. Choose any bot and click on Request
    6. Proceed to accept the trade offer.

My backpack/profile is not up-to-date?

  1. In order to update your backpack/profile,
    Go to My Profile > Update Backpack / Update Profile